Smoking is one of the nastiest habits one can have. Data show that smoking cigarettes kills more people than HIV, cocaine use, meth use and motor accidents combined. Smoking increases the chances of heart attack, diabetes, stroke, asthma and cancer. It is also one of the most difficult addictions to get rid of. 70% percent of smokers are believed to want to quit and a very small percentage of that can actually do it. An eCig is definitely an alternative to smoking cigarettes. Though it is inconclusive if there is anything called a healthy eCig, it is definitely a better option to smoking a tobacco cigarette that is far more injurious to health. To help you transition from a cigarette to an eCig here are everything you need to know about them.
- They are free of tobacco. An e-cigarette is filled with a liquid which heated up and you inhale the vapor.
- You do not need to literally light it up. It comes with a lithium battery which is activated when you puff on the stick as you would on a normal cigarette. This heats up the liquid.
- Though these are smoke free and tobacco free, they are not, however, nicotine free. The amount of nicotine depends on the nicotine cartridge used by the user. However, you can choose to use just the cartridge for the flavored liquid.
- They are usually rechargeable and refillable. Cartridges are available for the liquid nicotine as well as the flavored liquid. You can also recharge the battery that heats up the stick. In fact, many eCigs come with an USB charger.
- These products are unregulated. In spite of them being in the market for many years, there is no regulation over the quality of the product to guarantee how healthy eCig
- Since eCigs are not regulated, they are marketed as cigarettes that you can smoke anywhere. In most places you can smoke an eCig even in no smoking areas.
- Though unlike a burning cigarette smoking an eCig does not generate gases like carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide, they are still toxic. Liquid nicotine in itself is a lethal component. A tablespoon of the liquid nicotine available in the market can kill an adult.
So if you are a smoker you can choose this is a less harmful alternative but its best not to start smoking an eCig if you are a nonsmoker.